The Delaware School Nutrition Association promotes healthy meals and
nutrition education. DSNA’s members nourish the minds of Delaware’s
students on a daily basis, providing them with the fuel they need to
learn in the classroom. As the leading authority on school meals in
Delaware, DSNA is committed to advancing good nutrition for all
DSNA works to ensure all children of Delaware have access to healthful school meals and nutrition education by:
- Providing members with education opportunities and training.
standards set through certificated state classes, credentialing and
certification by the School Nutrition Association.
- Gathering and
transmitting regulatory, legislative, industry, nutritional and other
types of information related to school nutrition.
- Representing the nutrition interests of all Delaware children.
An affiliate of the School Nutrition Association, DSNA has been advancing the availability, quality and acceptance of school nutrition programs as an integral part of education since 1955. The Association strives to see that all children have access to healthy school meals and nutrition education.
The primary activities of the association are:
- Providing education and training
- Gathering and transmitting regulatory, legislative, industry, nutritional and other types of information related to school nutrition members
- Representing the overall nutritional interests of all children
DSNA of Delaware is recognized as the professional Association of school nutrition personnel in the state of Delaware. A volunteer-based organization, DSNA offers numerous membership benefits, including, an annual conference, seasonal focus workshops, an industry seminar and more. For more information on how to become a member of the DSNA, click on the Membership link.